Friday, February 20, 2009

The History of the Bowen House


The Bowen House is a community center in Logan, Ohio. It is located in the Hocking Hills region at 196 N. Market Street.The community center focuses on arts and culture around the area. Southeast Ohio is often only known because of The Ohio University, but the Bowen House proves there is much more here to offer.


The Bowen House opened its doors over 170 years ago. It was the original home of John Rochester back in the 1800s. His daughter Lucy married Charles Bowen and that is where it picked up its name.

The reason why I have created this blog is to highlight some of the information about the Bowen House. It has shows, galleries, community gatherings and more.

3 comments:

  1. I know this blog is about the Bowen House, but as a person who is interested in art/historical houses (most often for journalism classes, but that's another thing entirely...)I thought that people who like this blog might also be interested in other places like this. The French Art Colony (http://www.frenchartcolony.org/) is a renovated historic home in Gallipolis. It offers art classes and exhibits as well as opens its doors for private events. I look forward to seeing what comes next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You gave me a great idea for my next blog post. On the Bowen House's webpage, they list some of their "friends". They list three other Hocking Hills Art Centers. Let me know what you think of these places. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I like where you are going with this. Its good that you explain the events and dates that the Bowen house has coming up. I had no idea about this place prior to reading your blog. It would be nice if you interview someone that works at the house.

    ReplyDelete